WHO IS BRITT LESLEY?
- Although my given name is Britt, everyone calls me Rev…probably because I’ve been a minister for sooooo long!
- I am married to Barbara and we have 3 grown sons and a daughter between us, being married for 80 years combined: (30+30+17…You’ll have to ask!).
- My best friend in the world (besides my wife) is our 8 year old mini-Schnauzer, Sadie Mae (ask for pics, I got ’em).
- My hero is my amazing mom, Mary, who is 91 years old and still active on Facebook, and fairly proficient with her Kindle, iPad and iPhone.
- I’m from Oklahoma, so don’t give me too much grief about being a Sooner fan. I love the Dallas Cowboys, too!
- Reading is a passion of mine, from classical literature to sci-fi. I love the stimulation of my imagination.
- I love food. There, I said it! But, in these later years I try to eat healthy 80% of the time.
- I love the fall. That’s football and deer season! Yes, I do love fresh venison.
- I have learned to be content wherever God plants me, and He has done that many times over the years in Oklahoma, Texas and Georgia.
- I love Christian worship music and 50s through 80s rock music…yes, you can love both!
- My favorite book is the Bible because it’s God’s love letter to us.
- Variety is the spice of life: I have pastored for 32 years (ministry positions for another 18); I officiated high school baseball, softball, football, and basketball for over 30 years; I was a scholarship track athlete at Oklahoma Baptist University (school record in the high jump); I have owned and operated my own health and wellness business. And I’m looking forward to what God has in store for me next!
Happy Couple –
Rev. Lesley performed our ceremony and did an excellent job! He was so easy to work with and gave honest feedback when we requested it. He counseled us before we got married and gave us practical and positive input to make our marriage better. He also gave us suggestions to make our ceremony more meaningful and memorable. Rev. is fluent, upbeat, and his presence and personality put everyone at ease. He made the wedding ceremony so memorable. When I remember our wedding day, I smile thinking about how wonderful it was. Having such a terrific wedding officiant makes all the difference! I would highly recommend Rev. Lesley!