WHO IS KEN SAVAGE?
- I love to sing, play guitar and write songs.
- I am a member of the Dallas Praise Jazz Orchestra and the Metro Big Band, both 20 piece swing bands that have allowed me to play at music events around the world.
- I have my own R&B band called “Ken Savage and the Best Kept Secret” that plays for weddings, celebrations and other special events throughout the DFW metroplex.
- I enjoy going to the movies and dinner (especially Arthur’s Steak House) for an evening out with my wife, Sandy. I also love cooking at home. And, by the way, I even clean up after I cook.
- I’m the proud grandpa of two grandchildren and I love getting to spoil them before sending them back home to my daughters. That’s our job, right?
- My home is decorated with a vintage 1955 working Coca Cola vending machine and a 1970s Wurlitzer jukebox.
- My office is filled with autographed photos and albums of music stars from my years of radio broadcasting.
- My favorite memory is hearing my youngest daughter perform in New York (musical theater) for the first time and get a standing ovation.
- Best advice I ever got: Find something you love to do and get really good at it! (And that’s the same advice I gave to my daughters.)
- The most influential person in my life is Jesus because of His true unconditional love for me. I will always be grateful to Him for allowing me to do two things I dearly love—perform weddings and play music—both cherished gifts!