WHO IS MIKE RYHERD?
- I was adopted at the age of five months and grew up the younger of two boys. In 2010, my biological sister contacted me and revealed that I am actually the second of twelve siblings. I wrote a book called Kids Sold Separately, which is a semi-autobiographical account of the conditions in which my brother, Kevin and I were sold, as the first of twelve siblings by our biological parents in 1973.
- I have three beautiful, incredible daughters and I am so very proud of them.
- I am a Southpaw.
- Big fan of The Office.
- I played quarterback in both high school and college.
- In an “On-again-Off-again” relationship with the Dallas Cowboys. It’s pretty serious, but we break up most Sundays and have withdrawn all talk about a ring.
- I am not afraid of snakes, cream corn, or yellow school buses…I just detest them all.
- I love Jesus. I love people.
- In 2011, I started a mentoring program for at-risk children in the Lewisville Independent School District called “Hangtime Lunch.”
- I wrote another book entitled, 52 Lies Every Parent Should Tell Their Kids. The purpose of the book is to expose the lies our children face every day, and to give them practical teaching from God’s Word regarding these issues.
- Since 2013, I have served as senior leader of Abiding Peace Community Church in Flower Mound, Texas.
- Best advice given: “Agree with what God says and not what you feel.”
- My favorite quote is from the Bible: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom” (Proverbs 9:10). In other words, if you want to become wise, you must begin by respecting the Lord.
A very happy couple –
Our minister Mike Ryherd was awesome!!!! We did our research and decided to hire LoveNotes because of all the glowing reviews and we were not disappointed. We were able to customize our ceremony to make it special and EXACTLY what we wanted. Mike was essential in our wedding rehearsal. It would have been very chaotic without his calm take charge attitude. He’s very professional and good at what he does and it definitely shows. He was able to inject humor into our rehearsal and everyone loved it. Our wedding ceremony was perfect, amazing and very memorable thanks to the great Minister Mike Ryherd!
Lisa and Kevin Carter –
Mike Ryherd was our minister. He was unbelievable! We loved our ceremony; everyone thought Mike was wonderful! He truly made our wedding ceremony memorable. I felt very comfortable with Mike; he was such a good choice for us. Both Kevin and I were very pleased and will be eternally grateful for such a beautiful ceremony. Thanks so much to you, Mike, and to LoveNotes! Y’all gave us the wedding of our dreams!
Mandie and Louis McKernan –
We hired Mike immediately after meeting with him. He was caring, funny and felt like a lifelong family friend after only speaking for about 30 minutes. He was prompt and professional during our ceremony and kept us smiling the whole time. I’m still receiving compliments on him to this day. I would definitely recommend LoveNotes and Mike Ryherd.
Shirin and Douglas Becker –
We had Mike Ryherd as our wedding officiant. As soon as we met him, we knew he was our guy. He is flexible, outgoing, and an overall great guy. LoveNotes gave us the opportunity to make our ceremony our own. We got to choose every segment of the ceremony, and Mike was amazing at making sure we had it the way we wanted. We both highly recommend this company, especially for those who don’t belong to a church. They will work with you to make your day perfect.
Susan McCormick (Mother of the Bride) –
Mike, I just wanted to say thank you again for the great job you did! You made Kathy and Aaron feel at ease from the moment they met you. You organized the rehearsal so very well. Everyone was comfortable and knew what they were supposed to do. It was the best wedding ceremony I have ever attended. Everyone commented on how lovely it was. You were professional, personable, and spiritual. You made everyone feel at ease and led everyone so well! I would give you the highest recommendation to anyone. Please feel free to use us as a reference. The wedding planning book was also great! It was easy to use and allowed Kathy and Aaron to personalize their ceremony.