WHO IS THOMAS GREEN?
- Even though I was born and raised in Rochester, NY, I am a true Dallas Cowboys fan (Roger Staubach is still the greatest QB in my book).
- I’m married to the love my life, Charlotte, and relish the idea of growing old with her. We have six children and 4 granddaughters (and praying for more…grandchildren, that is).
- I am a family man through and through. One of my favorite activities is hosting family and friends around the holidays.
- I love music and can often be found rehearsing and singing with the men’s chorus, One Accord.
- Music preferences: Classic R&B from the 50s, 60s, and 70s, sprinkled with some Classic and Modern Jazz. I’ll also take a little Steely Dan and Hall and Oates on the side.
- I proclaim to be and always will be a kid at heart. That’s why kickball and water balloon fights with my family are tops on my list.
- I am an amputee from age 9 due to a car accident. I don’t consider my amputation a disability but an opportunity to exhibit courage and strength in the face of adversity.
- Little known fact about me: I am secretly competitive. I once jumped out of a two-story window to beat my cousin to the first floor.
- My hero is my mother because she always reminds me that ‘I Kandu (pun intended) whatever I set my mind to.’ (Kandu was a whale she used to drive home her message.)
- Favorite saying: (from my wife who reminds our children) ‘You can’t control what people say or do but you can control how you react or respond.’
- What others say about me: vigor for life, love for people, family man, sweet-toned singer, engages in uplifting conversations, patience of Job, cherishes the institution of marriage, loves the Lord.